About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Friday, September 20, 2013

Tools of the Trade

I did things a little differently today because I will be leaving at noon to visit my niece who was born last night!



Since I will be leaving, I decided to change my plans!  Instead of working with decimals today (since they are still pretty new),  I picked up the warm-up page for the week,  I picked up last night's homework and then I assigned a addition/subtraction review called "Tools of the Trade."  There were 12 problems and the classes had the entire hour to complete it.  The catch is that the subtraction problems were subtracting across zeroes which can be challenging!

With the entire hour to work, everyone was able to finish the assignment.  It's Friday!  There is no homework!  Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment