About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Whole Number Place Value

I was pleasantly surprised by the Whole Number Place Value pretest data.  Fully half of the 5th grade pretested out of this topic!  So, those students went to Mrs. Anglin's room to work on her computers to compare some NFL salary averages. 

Meanwhile, those that needed a little more time with Whole Number Place Value stayed with me.  We took notes on a foldable that was added to their math journal.











The students will be creating a math journal throughout the year that will hold notes for all of the topics we discuss and work with.  I hope that it will be an invaluable tool for them!  I have told them that they are allowed to use this resource with classwork and homework at any time.  My hope is that they will become so used to working with it, that it will become second nature!

There is a homework assignment tonight.  Again, I am asking that they work on xtramath and to answer my latest post on kidblog  (Edmodo Assignment).  This will be the majority of homework you will see from me.  I will be doing classwork and taking grades from what is done in class.  My goal is to do the assignments here so that I am able to catch mistakes and reteach as soon as I see a problem. 

As always, please let me know if you, or your child, are having any questions!



No comments:

Post a Comment