About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Last Day Long Division


Don't get too excited.... we are just moving on.... it will be back!


I did a little differentiation today.  All that means is that I had kids working at different levels.  Basically, I had three groups.  The first group worked in Content Mastery to get the little extra help needed.  The second group worked with me.  I was just a sounding board!  I was very pleased with how well my kids worked!  They seem to have it down!  The third group worked on the computer doing  xtramath.org  and  khanacademy.org.  These kids had division down yesterday HANDS DOWN!  So, instead of making them do more of the same, I allowed them to work on programs that meet them where they are mathematically.

There is HOMEWORK tonight.  Usually I do not have homework on Wednesday because we are all in the computer lab, so xtramath gets done.  With needing to finish up our long division, we did not get to the lab.


Tomorrow is the GREAT PUMPKIN CAPER!  Please be sure to check out the blog.... loads of pictures!

HOMEWORK:  xtramath.org

No comments:

Post a Comment