About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Patterns

We briefly touched on patterns today.  We have just survived two LONG days of benchmark testing for math and reading.  So, I decided to take it easy on my students today.  We worked with numerical patterns and then watch Eddie Files:  Patterns: "The Big Concert".

There are numerical patterns:


There are patterns in nature (These are my favorite!  Google "Patterns in Nature" and enjoy the images!):


There are patterns in art:


There are patterns in clothing:


There are patterns in music:



There are scientific patterns:


Patterns surround us in life.  Just keep your eyes open and you will find them!

HOMEWORK:  None

No comments:

Post a Comment