About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Thursday, May 1, 2014

6th Grade Math Pretest

My classes worked on a pretest for 6th grade today.  They are used to pretesting before a unit of study.  I use the data to determine which level of differentiation to use with my students.  I believe that students should be challenged at their own level. 

This belief carries over to when my kids leave me at the end of the year.  We want to ensure that they are in the appropriate math class next year, so, one factor in determining their placement in 6th Grade Math or Advanced Math is this pretest.  The choice of test is determined by the 6th grade math teacher.

This test is not the determining factor in placement.  This pretest, data gathered (from multiple sources) throughout the year, as well as teacher observation, will help us determine appropriate placement for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment