Today our Toilet Talk focused on how much toilet paper we use. We discovered:
- How many sheets a 12 year old has used (minus the two years before being potty trained).
- How many sheets we will use in our lifetime (based on an average lifespan of 82 years).
- How many rolls of toilet paper a 12 year old has used.
- How many rolls of toilet paper an 82 year old used.
- The cash value of the rolls of toilet paper.
- How many times a 12 year old has visited the toilet so far and how many times an 82 year old will have visited the toilet.
- How many years we sit on a toilet in our lifetime.
- How many gallons of water we have used as a 12 year old.
- How many times we could go from LA to NY using the number of rolls of toilet paper used in a year at Disneyland.
- How many 12 packs of toilet paper Disneyland purchases and the cost of all of those 12 packs.
- How many square feet of toilet paper Disneyland uses in a year.
It was a lot of higher level thinking in math, but it was very interesting to learn and the kids always love using calculators!
HOMEWORK: Countdown 7.6