Our topic yesterday was handshakes. Today our topic was toilet paper! Once again, I found the activity "Toilet Talk" on the Hungry Teacher website. I knew that anything involving toilet paper would interested my kids!
There are three sections to the lesson from Hungry Teacher. We focused on the "beginner" lesson today. We found:
- the length and width (dimensions) of a square of toilet paper
- the area and perimeter of a square of toilet paper
- the length of a roll of toilet paper in inches, feet, and yards
- the total area of a roll of toilet paper
- the diameter and radius of a roll of toilet paper
- about how many pounds of toilet paper one tree produces
- and the percentage of people in the world who do not have a toilet
To finish the lesson, I had the kids complete a 3-2-1 exit ticket.
3 things I learned
2 things I thought were interesting
1 thing that surprised me
We will continue our Toilet Talk tomorrow!