About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Monday, October 20, 2014

PEMDAS BINGO (review)



It was time to review PEMDAS for our test tomorrow.  I wanted to do something a little different, so I decided to play BINGO with the kids.  


I was lucky enough to find an activity on teacherspayteachers.com that combined Order of Operations with a Halloween theme.  The activity is called Halloween Order of Operations with Brackets, Parentheses, and Exponents Task Cards.  I did have to modify the activity, as we do not work with Exponents in 5th grade.  Once I had some expressions to solve, I needed to find a way to generate bingo cards so that not everyone won at the same time.


Now, it was time to play.  Each student had a card, some BINGO markers, and a dry erase marker.  I displayed an expression on the screen and everyone worked the problem, using the dry erase marker, on their desk.  Once most students had completed the problem, I would ask a student to give the answer and explain how they solved the problem.  Once we determined if the answer was correct, we placed the marker on the number.

This was a fun way to review!  The kids did a great job!  I think they are ready for the test tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. It was time to review PEMDAS for our test tomorrow. I wanted to do something a little different, so I decided to play BINGO with the kids. online bingo

    ReplyDelete