About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Monday, December 1, 2014

Think Through Math


We are beginning a very eventful week, one that will mean a schedule change each day and loss of students at random times.  For example, our UIL Ready Writing team was pulled from 9:30 - 11:30 for their competition today AND we gave our Science Benchmark this afternoon.  So, we had shortened classes.


However, I attempt to make sure that even shorter classes are meaningful and so, I introduced my classes to Think Through Math.  This is a computer program from the state of Texas that is meant to strengthen math skills.  We watched the introductory video today and chose our class goals.  I also introduced Think 30.  This is a goal (30 lessons passed) that I want all of my classes to achieve, so I want them to come up with an idea of a reward that would motivate them to work hard on this site!  We will poll choices tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment