About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Monday, February 9, 2015

Technology in Math!


It feels so good to be back in the classroom!



 I have so much new information to share that I don't even know where to begin.... how about Google Classroom!?!?


 The first thing that I am implementing with my classes is "Google Classroom".  This is a platform on which we can communicate with each other.  I can assign work, students complete the work and turn it in to me electronically, I can grade it and return the work and grade to them electronically.  Ask your child about their Google Classroom site.  They can logon to the site by going to :  www.classroom.google.com.   There are all kinds of ways that Google Classroom can be used in math.  I can't wait to begin!  There is one caveat, I still need students to show their work when solving math problems.  So, we will learn some innovative ways to do this online, but there will be times that pencil and paper are the way to go.


As much as I wanted to jump right in to our new unit and implement some new technology, we needed to finish up working on the MSTAR assessment.  MSTAR is an algebra readiness assessment given to students at the beginning, middle, and end of the year.  The deadline for the assessment is Wednesday, so we completed it today.  Those students who had finished the assessment last week worked on Think Through Math.



No comments:

Post a Comment