About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Angry Bird Project: Build the Structure


The students worked on their Angry Bird structures today.  They used the guidelines given on the Angry Bird Project instruction sheet:


Using an order form, students determined the supplies they needed and brought the form and their $10 (play money) to purchase the supplies.


I also expected the students to keep a balance sheet of their daily expenditures.  

I felt these elements were very important as I want them to understand the "real world" applications of this activity.  I also wanted them to realize that money and even supplies are sometimes limited.  Students were also limited to a working time of 60 minutes today.








No comments:

Post a Comment