We jumped right into technology today in our math class. My goal today was to set up our Chromebooks to make it easy to use when students get to math class. So we needed to do a lot of bookmarking:
- Gmail - students will receive information and grades through their email.
- Drive - this is where all created student work will be housed.
- Classroom - this is where students will be directed to receive assignments and to turn in work.
- Kidblog - the blogging site where students will display their work
- Spelling City - fun, easy way to review each week's spelling words
- EStudies Weekly - a site that compliments the student's weekly Social Studies newspaper
- Khan Academy - students are able to watch "how-to" videos of topics they need to review and/or learn as well as to practice these skills
- Kahoot - a terrific way to review and/or preview content through a fun game format
We began using our new bookmarks by beginning our first assignment through Google Classroom called: Math About You
Students created a Google Doc and began creating sentences about themselves that included numbers. The example I gave about myself:
We will work with this assignment for the rest of the week. I am hoping to have this posted to our student blogs on Kidblog by the end of the week!