About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Monday, September 14, 2015

3 x 2 digit multiplication


We began our day by warming up our brain.  I happened to come across a critical thinking activity that uses multiplication.  This activity was from:  Groundworks:  Reasoning about Numbers (Creative Publications, 2005).


Next, we had to do our estimation180.  At this point, I think the kids would revolt if we tried to skip it!

I gave a short pretest on 3 x 2 digit multiplication using a Kahoot and was extremely pleased with the results!  Therefore, we spent little to no time reviewing the process and completed six problems.



We used the last 30 minutes of class working on a Spiral Review to review specific skills.  As we learned in the beginning of the year, if we do these math skills a little every day, we grow our brain!  I found it on Teachers Pay Teachers.  It is specific to Texas TEKS for 5th graders.


No comments:

Post a Comment