About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Extending Decimals: Women's Luge


It was time for a little independent work with extending decimals.  Today, I asked the classes to compare and order decimal numbers and then to subtract decimal numbers.  I found an extension activity on the website Envision Gifted! and felt it fit perfectly with our decimal activities.  Here is a screen shot, from Marcie's site, of the activity we used:



As usual, I created a Google Doc and sent the activity to my students through Google Classroom.  They completed their work on their desks using dry erase markers and input their answers into the document.  When finished, they turned their assignment in, completed an xtramath.org exercise, completed a Countdown to STAAR and, if there was time, worked on Khan Academy.


No comments:

Post a Comment