About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Operation of Fractions and Whole Numbers Review


We will be having our 3rd 6 Weeks Assessment tomorrow, so I wanted to take time to review.  I decided to have the classes work problems using


I assigned 7 problems that required students to either add, subtract, multiply or divide whole numbers and fractions.  I had each table sign in as a group, using only one computer.  They were to work together to solve the problems.  I gave each student a sheet of paper that we divided into fourths and numbered 1-8.  This is where they were required to show their work.

I wandered around the room, stepping in as needed to provide guidance or ways of thinking of the problem a little differently if they got stumped.  They did a very good job on the review.  I am sure nerves and a fixed mindset will set in tomorrow to undermine all of their confidence.... I hate that!





No comments:

Post a Comment