About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Thursday, February 25, 2016

PBL: Perimeter, Area, and Volume with Legos (Building with Legos) More of the Same


We spent the majority of the class time building the model for Mr. Python's home.  We will need to wrap this up tomorrow, so I gave as much time today as I could.  The kids are ON TASK, INTERESTED, COLLABORATING, and I just couldn't be happier.... unless I didn't feel so bad.... first illness this year.







We finished up our classes with a Countdown to STAAR.

By the way, for any of you educators who have students with an accommodation that requires you to read aloud to your students, I have found a way"




Once you have added the Screencastify Extension, scan a document that the students need to have read aloud.  Open the document so that it is visible on your screen, click the Screencastify icon in your extension bar. Click "Start Record", read the document aloud, click "Stop Recording". Screencastify records your voice and/or anything you do on the screen. When you are finished, it will automatically save to a Screencastify folder in your Google Drive. It can then be shared through email or Google Classroom for students who need oral admin. AMAZING!!​​​​

No comments:

Post a Comment