About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Pink and Say


We continued with the idea of boy soldier's in Social Studies and read the short story Pink and Say by Patricia Polacco.  I absolutely love this story!  I have read it aloud multiple time each year for at least the last 10 years and it never fails to make me cry.... in front of my kids, but that is what a great story will do.  It will draw you in and break your heart!  

After the story, I had the kids take an AR test and then I wanted them to reflect on the story just a little.  I asked them to do an A-E-I-O-U about the story.


I found this idea on Discovery Education's blog under the portion titled S.O.S.  This is a great place to find instructional strategies that incorporate technology.

Once students had completed their reflection, we spent some time with math by completing a Countdown to STAAR.


No comments:

Post a Comment