About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Monday, February 8, 2016

Social Studies and Hierarchies



It is my week to teach Social Studies and we are working through the Civil War.  Today our reading was about boy soldiers, so I gave my classes a list of 29 items that a Civil War Soldier would usually have with him.  I asked the tables to come to an agreement of the 5 items that would be most important to his survival.  Next, I asked them to go to their Google Social Studies classroom and open the Google Doc I had shared with them.  Each person could order the items as they saw fit, but they needed to justify their choice.

Math today was a short quiz using www.quizizz.com to review our work with graphic organizers and geometry.  My math will be much shorter this week, as I have to divide my time between the two subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment