About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Friday, February 19, 2016

Think Through Math


We spent our math class working with the online math tutorial program Think Through Math.  My classes had used the program last year, so I spent a few minutes reminding the class about their dashboard


We looked at a lesson and discussed the importance of the Pretest.  I also pointed out the tools that they have available (formulas and vocabulary).  Finally, I made sure they realized that they can have the text read aloud.

The remaining time was given to taking the Placement Test.  I also allowed them the last five minutes of class to design their avatar.  I have to allow this "avatar time" or I will have students doing this during the time I need them working on the lessons and earning certificates.

Next week, I will have each class choose the classroom goal and start working towards some motivators!


No comments:

Post a Comment