About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Friday, March 4, 2016

Measurement Assessment


Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!
It's Read Across America Day!


We finished up our work with measurement by completing a measurement assessment.  I used a Countdown to STAAR Fast Focus set of problems to assess understanding of measurement concepts and conversions.

While the students had a hard copy to work on, they filled in a Google Form with their answers.  The new Google Form format is really interesting.  You have the option of seeing results in real time pie charts as a summary and as individual student assessment.  You still have access to the spreadsheet so that you can use Floobaroo to quickly grade assignments and share results with students.

I also used the Google extension Screencastify to record/video the problems for my students who have accommodations to have work read aloud.  I shared the recording/video with my students through Google Classroom.

Happily though:




Have a great Spring Break!


  March 7 - 12   

No comments:

Post a Comment