About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Monday, April 11, 2016

BreakoutEDU: The Spyder Heist

Image result for breakoutedu.com


I am all about problem solving, critical thinking, and collaboration happening in my classroom!  So, when I found out about this incredible program called BreakoutEDU, I was immediately hooked!  




How does it work?



I chose to challenge my classes with The Spyder Heist.


To bring this engaging, challenging, problem solving "game" to my classroom, I had to go though the steps outlined in the Get Started section of http://www.breakoutedu.com/beta/ .

Once, I received my breakout box, it took some time to set up the challenge.  There are instructions to follow to walk you though set up, but I was glad I started working on this about two weeks out to ensure I had everything I needed and all was working according to plan!

It was finally time to play!

Results:

  • 1st period - only one lock to open when time ran out - They ALMOST escaped!
  • 2nd period - only one lock (different from 1st) left to open when time ran out - They ALMOST escaped!
  • 3rd period - only one lock remained - the ALMOST escaped!


No comments:

Post a Comment