About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Friday, May 13, 2016

Breakout: Weather Wizard

Image result for breakout edu
http://www.breakoutedu.com/beta/ 

We attempted another Breakout today.  While the activity is always a hit, the groups don't always "breakout" and sometimes frustration builds.  I think this is what makes BreakoutEDU so good!  I want my kids to learn perseverance.  I want my kids to learn that things aren't always easy.  I want my kids to know that they aren't always the "smartest".  I want my kids to learn how to handle disappointment when a group is successful and they are not.  I want my kids to know how to be a graceful winner.  These are all lessons kids show have, but to learn then they have to "try something new"!

http://joelschleicher.blogspot.com/2016/01/breakout-edu-best-thing-ever.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment