About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Monday, August 29, 2016

Capturing Kids Hearts: Social Contract



Over the summer our school district worked with The Flippen Group on their program called Capturing Kids' Hearts.  This was one of the most rewarding workshops I have ever been to!  In deference to their work, I will not go into much detail on the process for creating our Social Contracts.  Basically, you work with your classes to come up with words/ideas based on how they would like to be treated and how they would like to treat others.

This process took about an hour with each of my classes.  I think the time was worth it!  Our final contracts:




No comments:

Post a Comment