About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Think Through Math: Placement Test

Image result for think through math


After spending yesterday talking about the mindset needed when approaching Think Through Math and all of the rewards that will be available, now it was time to take the placement benchmark.

Our lesson frame for today:
  • We will discuss how to use Khan Academy as a resource and the rewards involved in passing 5th Grade Skills in Khan.
  • I will complete my TTM placement test and then work on 5th Grade Skills in Khan.
We began by reminding ourselves of the rewards available as we work on passing 5th Grade math skills this year:


Now it was time to benchmark.  I am going into the Think Through Math journal in detail tomorrow, so once students finished the benchmark, I had them go onto Khan Academy and begin working on the 5th grade math skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment