About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Factors, Multiples, Prime and Composite: Day B

Trying Something New:  Day 2

This was my second day of math centers and things are moving smoothly.  Today, I had students working through 15 minute rotations.  

The first round of rotations:

  • My two groups who are working below level were to go through some Khan Academy lessons.  To make this an easy process, I assigned the videos/activities that I wanted them to work through on Google Classroom.
  • My on level group worked at the teacher table with me.  We focused on determining if a number was prime or composite.  While we had our 100s chart that made this information easily accessible, I wanted to focus on working with the factors of the numbers.  The kids really enjoyed this activity that I found on Teachers Pay Teachers:
  • My above level group worked with me to begin a set of Number Sense note cards that will be kept on a ring for easy access.  We also went over the activity they had completed yesterday.  Finally, we began to work through the first 20 questions on a Number Sense test to determine which topics we should cover.

We spent the remainder of our time working on a math assignment from Algebra Readiness Builders.  I really like this resource, it is great review and it gently moves students into new learning.  It builds on itself each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment