About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Factors/Multiples/Prime/Composite: Day B

Rotations - Day B

Our lesson frame was the same as yesterday, but the groups worked on different activities:
  • We will work on activities that reinforce our understanding of multiples, factors, prime, and composite.
  • I will name multiples, find factors, and determine if a number is prime or composite.

Groups 1 & 4


Today, I wanted these groups to work with the concepts we

had practiced yesterday. So, today it was their turn to work

with the task cards.

Factors and Multiples Task Cards

Groups 2 & 3

After watching the groups yesterday and watching students results as they work through Think Through Math, I realized that these two groups needed a little more reinforcement with these concepts as well.  So, knowing that they had been eyeballing the groups work with me yesterday, I knew they would love this activity....cootie catchers!

Factors and Multiples Cootie Catchers



I wanted to give my kids a chance to tell me how they were 

feeling about these concepts, and I was please to find this exit

ticket activity:





No comments:

Post a Comment