About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Friday, October 14, 2016

Estimation with Fractions Assessment


Lesson Frame

  • We will solve problems involving the addition and subtraction of fractions.
  • I will use benchmark fractions to estimate mentally and assess the reasonableness of my answers

Assessment

For the assessment, I posed 7 problems to my classes through a Google form. Each of the questions required the students to estimate sums or differences using fractions.

Think Through Math

Once students had completed the assessment, they spent time on Think Through Math. As usual, I gave the final 10 minutes of our Friday to use their earned points on their Avatar or to donate to a charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment