About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Multiply a Fraction and a Whole Number: Let's Get Ready to Kahoot

Lesson Frame:
  • We will represent and solve problems involving multiplication of a whole number and a fraction.
  • I will represent and solve problems involving multiplication of a whole number and a fraction.


Group 1 - 4:


I placed the 16 problems from this resource onto Classroom and asked my students to complete the problems independently that remained from their rotation time with me.  We now will have an answer document to use on the Kahoot tomorrow and everyone will feel prepared!

Think Through Math

Once they were ready for tomorrow's Kahoot, they spent time working on passing a lesson on TTM.


Assignment

We completed Fifth Grade Builder #28 today.  It occurred to me that I really wanted them to work any of the operation problems on grid paper.  Up until now, I had allowed them to just solve the problem, but I started noticing that errors in basic arithmetic and subtraction were happening more frequently.  Ergo, it was time to bring out the grid paper and require students to show their work on it with beautifully lined up digit.  Ahhhh... organization in math.... that makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment