About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Multiply a Fraction and Whole Number: Let's Kahoot

Lesson Frame:

  • We will represent and solve problems involving multiplication of a whole number and a fraction.
  • I will represent and solve problems involving multiplication of a whole number and a fraction.

Let's Kahoot

The kids enjoyed the Kahoot today! Don't get me wrong, they all enjoy a Kahoot, however, today everyone felt as though they all had a fighting chance. No one was already defeated if they know they take time to solve a problem and others just seem to know it! To top it all off, I did reward the top five with chocolate, but everyone else got a Jolly Rancher!

Assignment

Once we finished the Kahoot, I had them solve Fifth Grade Builder #29. There was plenty of time to ensure that no one left with homework today.

Think Through Math

Once the assignment was turned in, students got onto Think Through Math. They are really feeling empowered as they continue to pass lessons!

No comments:

Post a Comment