About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

UIL Competition - Crazy Day #2


This was our second crazy day this week.  It began with completion of a GT portfolio item.  This will be one of many items that will be used to determine the need for GT testing at the end of the year.

Benchmark/UIL

I personally needed any students who had not completed the benchmark yesterday or were absent to stay with me during PE and Band/Music to finish up.  So, I had about 10 kids with me.  Then, any students leaving for UIL at 10:00 remained with us as well.  They were able to get in another practice before heading out.  My UIL Spelling team is participating today.  Can't wait to see if my new procedure works!

Think Through Math

In each of my math classes, I lost kids to UIL.  So, it was a day for Think Through Math!  My goal is to get all of my kids to 15 lessons passed before Christmas Break.  Today they had about 40 minutes to work.  

Coordinate Graphing



Finally, we spent the last 20 minutes working on Christmas Mystery pictures.  I chose this activity, (1) because coordinate graphing is part of my curriculum (2) it will be easy for my sub to continue as I leave for UIL on Thursday, and (3) well, it's just fun!  I found two resources on Teachers Pay Teachers and am mixing up all of the pictures so that I have a variety happening at each table.  The first resource is:  Coordinate Graphing Mystery Picture Bundle.  The second was  Christmas Tree (Middle School), Coordinate Drawing & Graphing, Mystery Picture.  

No comments:

Post a Comment