About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Multiples and Factors: Rotation Day A

Screenshot 2017-08-30 at 7.43.13 PM.png

Bell Ringer

Today's bell ringer is the online version of SET.  If you are new to the game, a the rules can be found online.  Once the kids get the hang of it, they really enjoy the challenge!

Image result for SET

Lesson Frame
  • We will work with factors and multiples of numbers.
  • I will explain how to find the factors of 48.
Lesson

I will explain today's class by showing the two rotations my classes worked through:

Factors and Multiples Bump     Factors and Multiples Cootie Catchers

  • Group 1 
    • Teacher table playing the game BUMP using factors and multiples.
    • Think Through Math
  • Group 2
  • Group 3
  • Group 4
    • Think Through Math
    • Teacher table playing the game BUMP using factors and multiples.
The kids really seemed to enjoy the activities!  They gave me quite some insight into confusion about factors and multiples!

Close

Today I just modeled what I would like a page to look like when I ask them to:

Explain how you would find all of the factors of 48.

Assignment

We spent the last 20-25 minutes of each class completing our Fifth Grade Builder #3.

No comments:

Post a Comment