About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Thrively: Discover Your Strengths and Interests

Bell Ringer:  Sugar Packets by Dan Meyer


This activity is presented in "3 Acts".

  • Act 1 - students watch a video and guess the number of packets of sugar they believe are in a 20oz soda.
  • Act 2 - using information about grams of sugar in a packet and grams of sugar in a soda, students determine the number of packets of sugar in a soda.
  • Act 3 - watch the video with the answer
Lesson Frame
  • We will learn about our strengths and passions using a Strength Assessment on www.thrively.com
  • I will discover my strengths and my interests as a 5th grader.
Lesson

Students spent the remainder of the class working through the Strengths Assessment on Thrively.  I will be printing every students' strengths for them and their parents to read through, once everyone finishes the assessment.

Close

Once finished with the strengths assessment, students are asked to create their first journal entry:


No comments:

Post a Comment