About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Multiply and Divide Fractions: Kahoot (Day 4)

Bell Ringer:  Clue 7 & 8


Lesson Plan:



Lesson:

https://kahoot.com/

We played another Kahoot today as teams.  I had a fantastic epiphany about how to solve a problem playing Kahoot.  Typically, students will let the "smartest" student do all the work as fast as possible to enter an answer.  So, to combat this, I set the timer for 120 seconds and said that the newest rule was that no one could input their answer until the counter reached 60.  I cannot believe how well this worked!  Students were much more willing to work the problems, collaborate on answers, and there wasn't a feeling of hysteria in getting it done quickly!  Students enjoy this game very much and I love sneaking a review in!

Close:

Assignment:  Fifth Grade Builder #36

We finished up the day working towards completing our Khan assignments and/or Think Through Math.

No comments:

Post a Comment