About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Monday, November 6, 2017

Subtracting Mixed Fractions (Day 3)

Bell Ringer:  SET Game

https://www.setgame.com/set/puzzle

Lesson Frame:



Lesson:

Students worked in table groups on subtracting mixed fractions with regrouping.  They solved problems 13-18 on our latest mystery picture.  As students worked, I listened in on their conversations.  I was very pleased to hear students teaching borrowing from a whole number correctly.  I was most excited to hear them correctly explain that the fraction you borrow is based on the common denominator that has been created through "crisscross applesauce."

Close:

Assignment:

Fifth Grade Builder #28



No comments:

Post a Comment