About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Friday, January 12, 2018

Geometry Hierarchy (day 2)

Bell Ringer:  Guess My Number



Lesson Frame:



Lesson:

Today we finished our Geometric Hierarchy



We added the subset "shapes with more than 4 sides".  Since my students seem to think that the only parallelograms are quadrilaterals.  I added the subset "parallelograms" before listing the next 6 shapes.  I also made sure to point out that they are only parallelograms if they are "regular" meaning that they have all congruent sides.

Once we finished the journal, my students finished the Interactive Google Classroom Activity.



Close:

At this point, time ran out due to our shortened class periods.  We we stopped and completed an Exit Ticket from the resource:



Extra Time?:  Think Through Math

No comments:

Post a Comment