About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Factors and Multiples: Day C

Bell Ringer:  Would You Rather


Lesson Frame:

  • We will work on activities involving Factors and Multiples.
  • I will describe which I like better, finding factors or finding multiples of a number and support my choice.

Lesson:

   


The two activities my rotations centered around today were Cootie Catchers for Groups 1 & 2, and Time to Tile! for Groups 3 & 4.

"Cootie Catchers" was played with me so that I could monitor how students looked for factors and multiples. I introduced them to using Divisibility Rules to find factors and the use of a t-chart to keep track of them.

I introduced the "Time to Tile" activity using Screencastify.  This extension allowed to me to make a short video in order to explain the procedure to the groups so that I could spend my time with my two groups.



I also needed my groups to work on completing the Moby Max benchmark, the Khan:  Factors and Multiples videos and practices, and spend time on Think Through Math.  In that order.

Assignment:

Fifth Grade Builder #6

No comments:

Post a Comment