About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Doodle4Google - Create

Today we spent our math period working towards creating our Doodle4Google.  I began by showing the students the "Create" video above.

Next, I pulled out the book "Jumanji" to show my students a terrific example of the artistic technique of shading.  Then I showed a youtube video of an artist demonstrating the techniques.

Then, we went to doodle4google to see examples of the doodles that have been created since 1998.  It is interesting to see how the detail and depth of the illustrations has changed over the years!  Now many of the doodles include movement.

So, for an assignment, all of the kids are creating a doodle for Google.  The theme is:

If I could invent one thing to make the 
world a better place, what would it be?


No comments:

Post a Comment