About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Breakout EDU: Shapeshifter

Image result for breakout edu
http://www.breakoutedu.com/beta/ 

We attempted another Breakout today.  I was interested to see how the activity would go today.   Yesterday, we had attempted a Digital Breakout to little success.    I had to remind my students that when we struggle, we are growing our brains.  Yesterday my kids were not pleased with the struggle.  They wanted an easy answer and became very frustrated.  I chose not to help.  The struggle is worth it.

Today, we attempted the Shapeshifter.  There was much more success, and we found that working as a team is very helpful.

Results:

1st Period:

 Capture.PNG

2nd Period:

Capture.PNG

3rd Period:

Capture.PNG





http://joelschleicher.blogspot.com/2016/01/breakout-edu-best-thing-ever.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment