About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Decimal Kahoot: Place Value, Compare, Round, Estimate (2)

Bell Ringer:  101questions

Screenshot 2017-01-24 at 6.38.04 PM.png

Lesson Frame:



Lesson:

I created a new Kahoot for today from the same resource as yesterday.  It is from the same company that I purchased Countdown to STAAR:



I used a variety of questions from the resource, focusing on place value, comparing, rounding, and estimating.  

I took out any player from each class who had missed two or fewer from the Kahoot yesterday.  These groups played Decimal Jeopardy


The rest of the class played Kahoot.  The kids were very excited when new names made it to the top 5.  As much as I try, some kids are able to monopolize the game.  Also, I had a few kids who did not do as well as yesterday because they were unable to look at the screen of the person next to them!

Close


Assignment:  Countdown 5.3.2

No comments:

Post a Comment