About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Flexibility!

Mrs. Tober had asked to come during my math classes for a brief lesson.  However, in the middle of 1st period, she was called away due to a family emergency..... So.... my entire day shifted and I had to improvise.

We did our usual warm up.  Then I introduced the classes to "The Eddie Files."  


Each video is 30 minutes long and focuses on how math is used in the real world.  The video today was called "Math:  You've Got to Start Somewhere" and showed the viewer how math plays a part in jobs (electrician, sunglasses designer, sportscaster, etc.).

We ended class by using the iPods to do our xtramath exercise.... this is not always easy!  Technology can be rewarding and fun, but it can also cause you to want to pull your hair out.  So, most everyone was able to get their xtramath completed in class.  The few that did not will need to do it for homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment