About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday!

Fairly simple day in class.

First, we completed this week's warm up page.  I take a daily grade for the week from this page.  We spend 20 minutes a day in class on warm-ups, so I feel it is important to ask the kids to be accountable for the information on them.


Second, we made a list of three people we would like in our cabin at The Outdoor School.  I will post these on the end of the hall.  I add a child's name as soon as both forms and money have been turned in.


Finally, we took a quick pretest of Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division.  I asked my classes to solve two of each type of problem.  I have some very specific things I am looking for, so the pretest did not need to be lengthy.


I did let my classes know that as soon as they have tested out of Multiplication on xtramath, they will no longer have that as part of their homework.  I already have three students who have done just that!

As students finished they took AR tests and checked out books to have over the weekend.


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment