About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Add and Subtract Fractions with Like Denominators: Rotation Day B

Bell Ringer:  101 Questions

Screenshot 2016-09-27 at 7.41.30 PM.png

Lesson Frame:
  • We will work in rotations to practice adding and subtracting fractions with like denominators.
  • I will predict what might happen if I fail to convert to an improper fraction or a mixed number when adding or subtracting fractions.
Lesson:

Groups 1 & 4 spent both 15 minute rotations on Khan Academy completing three assignments:

My combined 2/3 group worked in a small group with me playing BUMP:  Add and Subtract Fractions with Like Denominators.  This activity also required the use of converting mixed and improper fractions along with simplifying fractions.  This group also worked on the Khan assignments.

My final group was my Number Sense group.  First, they took a Number Sense test, and then they came to the small group and worked on the BUMP activity with me.

Close:

Predict what might happen if I fail to convert to an improper fraction or a mixed number when adding or subtracting fractions.

Assignment:

Fifth Grade Builder #14

No comments:

Post a Comment