About Me

My photo
Welcome to my math blog! The purpose of this blog is to help you stay informed about our learning and experiences that have taken place during our math class. I have also included links your child (and you) may want to use in order to supplement math learning in 5th grade.

Friday, September 18, 2015

UIL Emphasis


Today we spent a little time talking about our UIL competition that will happen in December.  I coach the Listening competition, which is brand new to 5th graders, so I wanted them to see what it was like.  So, we listened to a story about Wilma Rudolph that was about 7 minutes long, then we took the "test" that was timed for another 10 minutes.  I showed them how a Listening test was graded and then I asked them to let me know if they were interested in being a part of that competition by placing  a "yes" or "no" in the corner of their paper.

I also discussed the other 10 competitions available to 5th grade and asked them to fill out a form showing us which competitions they were interested in.

Next, we took a moment to FINALLY fix our problem with posting to Kidblog.  Now we will be able to post AND read each other's work!

Finally, we completed our Spiral Review for the week and then worked on long division on Khan Academy.

No comments:

Post a Comment